3 tips on Traveling Cheap

I wanted to share a bit of my traveling tips (even though I might not be the traveling expert so far) since my 2016 goal was to hit a destination of my choice once a month. Of course, sometimes it's for work but most of the times, I am away for personal vacations and that's when the budget comes under consideration.
This is my own helping guide to make my trip affordable :


 1. Accomodation


Airbnb and Couch Surfing are my top favorite for traveling cheap ! 

Airbnb offers renting at a cheap price all over the world whereas Couch Surfing is totally free but it’ll be less easy to find hosts so I advise you to plan your stay ahead of time.

Check out their community by clicking here and there.

This is a great way to meet people if you chose to take a private or shared room in your host apartment/house. Of course, you can also  choose to rent a whole house/ apartment for a really cheap price.

As far as I am concerned, I used Airbnb during my solo travel in New York in an apartment located in Harlem.
Don’t get me wrong, this was a super great deal and the neighborhood was nice, the location was really convenient as well, since it was nearby a Levain bakery (yummy!) and transportation.
I paid 150 euros for 10 nights in a private room. The apartment was huge and got 3 other private rooms that other people rent it through Airbnb as well. 
I swear that was such an amazing stay with open-minded people who where willing to meet new friends.

2. Airplane Tickets

I always use edreams or goes directly to cheap airlines websites (like ryanair, vueling etc.) to book tickets so I can compare prices (but I make sure that I don’t do it for too long).

Here is the tip #1 : try to make your research on different computers and if not possible, at least always remove « cookies » after each session. 
You can delete it by going on your Options bar or tools menu. You should be able to find your internet properties and clear recent history and cookies.
Why is it oh so important to clear the cookies ? Haven’t you noticed that anytime you are checking something (either shoes, electronics or traveling plans for example), it appears magically on the side of your Facebook account ? Or in another website where are displayed all the advertisements ?
Well that’s because of « cookies » and don’t underestimate the power of those ! Traveling agencies often uses these so they can higher their price on a trip you were checking frequently because they know that you are willing to travel there. That’s why sometimes you checked a round trip for New York at 500 € and the next day, it goes up to 700 €. Now you’re advised.


Tip #2 : Don’t book on days when prices are higher that is to say during the weekends ! Yup, you heard me right, traveling websites higher their price during the weekend because they know that the traffic is more dense. People tend to compare during their free time and traveling agencies take advantage of it, that’s as simple as that.  
Try a Tuesday or Thursday at 3AM for instance, you’ll see the difference.

Tip #3 : Travel in low season. Try to go on a summer destination during winter and in a cold place during summer ;) 

3. Try an all-inclusive offer

Once, I tried Voyage privé and I got so pumped by my traveling conditions. I booked last May, an all-inclusive offer to Tenerife (Canary Islands) for 8 days 7 night for 250 € (included : round trip airplane tickets, Shuttle service transfers from airport to resort, the whole apartment renting, access to unlimited cocktails and drinks at the bar during our stay, access to the buffet H24, a gala by night organized for us, that was pretty amazing)

We were pleasantly surprised by the price and the service we got there (plus, the staff was over nice!) since we paid a really cheap price.
If you don't know this website, click this link
And enter my mail on sponsorship ("parrainage") options to have a special offer :
malina.ph1@gmail.com

Hope you’ll be encouraged to let your wanderlust desires happen and don’t let your budget stretch an inch further now :p 

Share:

0 commentaires